Australian High Commission in Kiribati
Mauri and welcome to the official website of the Australian High Commission in Tarawa, Kiribati.
Our Head of Mission is Mr Bruce Cowled.
We invite you to access the resources and information contained on this website or contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to make a general inquiry.
We are also on Facebook - follow us to learn more about the day-to-day activities of the high commission and its work supporting the people and Government of Kiribati.
From time-to-time the Australian High Commission requires the services of specialised staff for short-term engagements, and there may be qualified people among Australians (citizens and residents) or New Zealanders living in Tarawa. Any such persons are welcome to submit an expression of interest to the High Commission with a brief CV and details of their areas of expertise. Expressions should be emailed to email@example.com
Australian Government Scholarships (Australia Awards)
Applications for Australia Awards scholarships in Kiribati have now closed. Applicants identified to progress to the interviews will be contacted in mid to late June. Applications for scholarships in 2020 will open in early 2019.
For Alumni, please contact us here.
Direct Aid Program (DAP)
The 2018-19 application round is now closed.
DAP is a competitive small grants program (up to $20,000 per grant) administered by the Australian High Commission. It aims to support small-scale sustainable development projects and activities that involve local communities. Where possible, community members should participate in the design, development and implementation of the project. I-Kiribati local community and non-government organisations (NGOs) are eligible to apply.
The next application round will be advertised next year.
The Department of Immigration and Border Protection is making it quicker and easier to apply for visas through ImmiAccount. More information can be found here. For further information about visas and immigration, please see www.border.gov.au.
In person visa applications and enquiries in Kiribati are dealt with through the Visa Application Centre (VAC). Clients resident in Kiribati, regardless of nationality, should continue to direct enquiries and paper applications to the AVAC in Abarao, Tarawa. Clients can visit the AVAC in person or post or courier their visa application. The VAC is open from 8.30am to 4.30pm Monday to Friday. For general visa enquiries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the VAC on 72029264/ 75229263. For more information, including forms and checklists, please visit the official TT Services website at www.ttsaustralia.com.
Staff at the VAC have no involvement in the decision-making process or any knowledge of the application outcome. Applications lodged through the VAC are assessed and decided at the Australian High Commission in Suva, Fiji. For further information, please see their website.
Jobs for Australia
Australian companies associated with the Overseas Workers Scheme or any other working scheme, do not have the authority to guarantee jobs or visas. Do not send any money to any company. If asked by any company to send money then refer the matter to the Australian High Commission. There is no guarantee for a working visa to Australia. Be aware that illegitimate websites exist for the sole purpose of receiving payment for services they have no intention of providing.
Information for Australian Travellers
- Consular Duty Officer (during working hours) +686 740 21184, Consular Duty Officer (after working hours) +61 2 6261 3305
- Toll Free (local call cost - within Australia only) 1300 555 135
- Travel Advice from the Department
- Australian Travellers\' Bulletin
- Australian travellers and residents in Kiribati are encouraged to register with Smartraveller.
- Passports Australia
- Other Australian Embassies, consulates and missions websites around the world
Public Holidays Observed in 2018
- Monday 24 December Additional DFAT Holiday
- Tuesday 25 December Christmas Day
- Wednesday 26 December Boxing Day
- Thursday 27 December Additional DFAT Holiday
- Friday 28 December Additional DFAT Holiday
- Monday 31 December Additional DFAT Holiday
Public Holidays Observed in 2019
- Tuesday 1 January New Year's Day
- Friday 8 March Women's Day
- Friday 19 April Good Friday
- Monday 22 April Easter Monday
- Thursday 11 July In Honour of Kiribati National Day
- Friday 12 July Kiribati National Day
- Friday 4 October Education Day
- Monday 23 December Additional DFAT Holiday
- Tuesday 24 December Additional DFAT Holiday
- Wednesday 25 Decenber Christmas Day
- Thursday 26 December Boxing Day
- Friday 27 December Additional DFAT Holiday
- Monday 30 December Additional DFAT Holiday
Tuesday 31 December Additional DFAT Holiday
Email us at email@example.com
Send us a mail to the following postal address:
P.O. Box 77, Bairiki, Tarawa, Kiribati
Give us a call on (+686) 740 21184
Office hours are 8.30am to 5.00 weekdays, excluding public holidays.